132 22234
View: 22234|Reply: 132

UMIDIGI Plus E V3.02_20170605 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-6-8 10:29:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V3.02_20170605 (Android 6.0.1) firmware
for UMIDIGI Plus E

Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMI Plus E receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again.

UMIDIGI Plus E is not a different model, it's just a new brand. You can update your UMi Plus E smartphone with this ROM without risking its usability and without voiding your warranty. It is an official update for UMi Plus E.

If you are updating an earlier version, it is recommended to flash this ROM as 'Firmware Upgrade'!
spft_fwup.jpg

Changelog:
  • Battery management bug fixed
  • Minor bug fixes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

>>>>> ROM: 20170605_g9v57_kw_u3_4m.rar <<<<< - Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6757_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMI(DIGI) Plus E if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMI(DIGI) Plus E to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished

>>>>> Update file for manual OTA update: UMDIGI_Plus_E_V3.02_20170605_update.zip <<<<<

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • When your phone is restarted, immediately release the power button but still hold the vol-up button until you see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the recovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-21 23:15:58 | Show all posts
tmasrour replied at 2017-6-20 06:58
This comparaison says it all (look under SoC): http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/3 ...

Thanks Ben for the detail. And please don't take some of the comments too personally - we're just a bunch of users who would like to have their phones up-to-date (OS wise). I'm sure umidigi is aware of that but it sometimes feels like something more could be done from the company towards its partner/provider to keep up. Android 7/N is now 10 month-old and I guess we're already wondering about Android 8/O. In the end, that's one of the differentiating and attracting factor among so many Android phone providers: their capacity to produce good quality equipment and maintain them up to date in a fast paced environment.

Comments

I don´t understand why umi plus (without E) has android 7 and the extreme version doesn´t. I am used to programation and make some adjustements to extreme version may not be so dificult.  Post time 2018-4-1 05:05

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-5-19 01:17:38 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2018-3-27 10:29
That's probably also an MT6757D based phone. On the other hand, they are the biggest android smartp ...

Sony Xperia XA1, XA1 Plus and XA1 Ultra, all MT 6757 based phones ( [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_using_Mediatek_SoCs#MT6757DT_(Helio_P25)[81]]Link[/url] ) just released android 8.0 (Oreo).
Hope it comes for Plus E soon.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-23 17:18:42 | Show all posts
Edited by _YC_ at 2017-8-23 18:00 \n\n
bencebacsi replied at 2017-8-5 12:15
Sorry but you were talking about freezes. So do you have issues with the mobile internet only and  ...

I have the same issue with 3G and 4G in Norway, my provider is Telia.

Problem description:
  • 3/4G eventually freezes several times per day. Messengers like Viber and WhatsApp are working(very slow and unstable!), but Web browsing is not possible (timeout).
  • Signal level is goodall the time, no issues with it at all.

Solution:
  • To unfreeze mobile Internet you have to switch to 2G,establish communication using this mode and then switch back to 3G or 4G.
  • In some cases, only reboot can help.

I believe this issue could be devoted to power saving. It seems that the system sends some part of mobile internet equipment into sleep mode or even switches it off completely.
Then these components are not able to wake up properly.
 Author| Post time 2017-8-2 08:34:14 | Show all posts
umipluseuser replied at 2017-8-1 13:56
Other smartphones work without hovering 3G in the same place with the same SIM card.
The problem app ...

I mean I can't compare with the past since 3G was never used. However now I was browsing with a Plus E forced to 3G for about half an hour but I didn't experience any connection issue. Moreover, comparing to 3 other UMI smartphones, the Plus E had the strongest 3G reception.

2017-08-02 01.44.48.jpg

Here a Plus is on Telekom, Plus E and Note C on Vodafone and a Super on Telenor. No 3G network on Telenor.
Haven't you changed some settings in engineer mode or in test mode?

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-6-22 15:05:26 | Show all posts
tmasrour replied at 2017-6-21 23:15
Thanks Ben for the detail. And please don't take some of the comments too personally - we're just  ...

Up to date Oswise, yeah, but security wise would be even better.
Guys, security patch is from January ! thousands of high level security issues have been corrected since !

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-8 22:35:29 | Show all posts
video recording is not fixed 4K,made the trip in 5 minutes. Admin stop making new phones! Bring to mind what has already been released!!!! Do you consider yourself a solid and looks like a sweatshop.
 Author| Post time 2017-6-11 15:06:22 | Show all posts
MightyJordan replied at 2017-6-11 05:06
I've only flashed a custom recovery and rooted before on this phone, so I just want to double-check  ...

If you flash your phone without the userdata partion (uncheck it), you won't lose your user data.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-8 15:24:43 | Show all posts
Hi Ben ,

After the last update the problem exist . both sim cards after 1.20 minutes of all calls ,lost the signal ,lost the call and the signal came back  as a stanby mode .
How can i fix this ?

Is the problem of the hardware ?

Best regards ,

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-8 21:34:50 | Show all posts
Please how to root umi plus e ?
 Author| Post time 2017-6-9 09:24:54 | Show all posts
steliostsakiris replied at 2017-6-8 15:24
Hi Ben ,

After the last update the problem exist . both sim cards after 1.20 minutes of all calls , ...

Hi,
It seems to be a specific hardware issue in your case but if you updated only via FOTA until now, I suggest you to flash this ROM with SP Flash Tool to get a clean installation of the system software. also please try to test your SIM card one by one (only one SIM card in your phone) to check if your issue get fixed. Maybe there's a problem with one of your SIM cards.
Sincerely yours

Author| Post time 2017-6-9 09:25:43 | Show all posts
zabuza34 replied at 2017-6-8 21:34
Please how to root umi plus e ?

Check the following topic, please: http://community.umidigi.com/thread-2962-1-1.html
 Author| Post time 2017-6-9 10:26:35 | Show all posts
It's not a bug but an intentional protection in the stock camera app against possible over heating. You can use a third party camera app like Open Camera to record longer videos in 4K resolution. A bit more creativity and less blaming, please.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-9 14:15:02 | Show all posts
Hi Ben ,

Thanks for the quick response but ,

The problem seems to be solved from umigreece.gr  techinal support but i pay 20€ to fix it , because the phone isn't buying from greece .
The problem was a reprogramming the modem software.

Why i have to pay your author technical support in my country for something  , which is not my fault and i have a garranty  yet.

I want to send my 20€ .

Best regards ,

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-9 21:58:03 | Show all posts
Edited by Mike-X5 at 2017-6-9 22:25 \n\nGuys
Be aware that TWRP " PlusE_TWRP_303_V3.01_20170112" is not working with this ROM.

Maybe #jemmini will create a new one... or stay with standard UMIDIGI Stuff

Cheers
 Author| Post time 2017-6-10 08:36:06 | Show all posts
Mike-X5 replied at 2017-6-9 21:58
Edited by Mike-X5 at 2017-6-9 22:25 \n\nGuys
Be aware that TWRP " PlusE_TWRP_303_V3.01_20170112" is ...

Hi,
Actually it works perfectly. It's all about proper booting. When you power on your phone to boot into recovery with power + vol-up button, keep the power button pressed for only about 3 seconds, don't wait for the screen to light up but keep only the vol-up button pressed until you see the TWRP welcome screen.
So,
1. press power on + vol-up
2. after 3 seconds (still dark screen) release only the power button
3. when you see the TWRP welcome screen, release the vol-up button.

Have a good one!

12345678910... 13Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!