bencebacsi Post time 2016-6-20 09:07:16 | Show all posts [Copy link]
33 21080
View: 21080|Reply: 33

Rootjoy ROM installation tutorial

[Copy link]
Post time 2016-5-29 00:07:04 | Show all posts |Read mode
password: rootjoy

WARNING!
ROOTJOY has been discountinued from 2016. Any UMi smartphones released in 2016 or later are not supported and not compatible with Rootjoy. The last supported UMi model is UMi Rome. Users of any later models can update their devices via FOTA method in Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update

How to Install Custom ROMs with Rootjoy

Step 1.
Download, unrar and install Rootjoy on a Windows PC if you haven't done it yet, then run it. You might need to disable your antivirus app for the period of the installation process, then set the Rootjoy folder as an exception.

Step 2.
Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to a USB port of your PC. - Don't use a USB hub.
For the first time you have to enable on your phone to be accessed by your PC. Check the screen of your device.
WARNING! Updating the ROM of your phone with Rootjoy will erase your user data. To get a perfectly stable system by this update, that's recommended to manually process a factory data reset before installing a new ROM.

Step 3.
Click on the 'Flash' button

Step 4.
If you haven't got a ROM file already downloaded, you'll get the following screen. Click on the 'Download' button and after a few seconds you get a list of downloadable ROMs that fit your specific device.
You need a working internet connection.

Step 5.
Choose a ROM from the list and click on the Download button next to it.

Step 6.
Click on 'Download Manager' at the bottom right corner of the app window. Now you can see as your ROM file is being downloaded.

Step 7.
Click on 'completed', then Flash.

Step 8.
Here you can choose to make a backup of your old installation or skip it. Let's skip it now.

Step 9.
In the next step the Rootjoy recovery will be downloaded, then Rootjoy copies the ROM file to the memory of your phone and installs the Rootjoy recovery.

Step 10.
After finished, your phone boots into recovery and the update process begins. You may close the Rootjoy app now.

Step 11.
Check the screen of your phone. The installation of your custom (or even stock) ROM is starting.
The progress bar can be stuck at 50% for a long time but don't be afraid, the installation process is running smoothly in the background. It can take for up the 10 minutes.

Step 11.
After finishing, your phone automatically reboots into the newly flashed Android system.
No more tasks to do.

The official page of Rootjoy is here: www.umidigi.com/page-ROOTJOY
Further information resources related to UMI products are here:
umidigi.com/page-service.html

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-18 23:17:09 | Show all posts
cannot connect to phone with rootjoy keeps saying check usb debuging please help

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-4 01:19:48 | Show all posts
What is the current version?
 Author| Post time 2016-6-4 06:45:02 | Show all posts
JDHora replied at 2016-6-4 01:19
What is the current version?

v1.04 what you can download here at the top of the page. No newer version.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-18 23:30:34 | Show all posts
its ok now have connection but rootjoy doesnt allow for flashing says the device is not supported yet please help with updating to latest update for umi super
 Author| Post time 2016-6-19 10:04:38 | Show all posts
r.king35 replied at 2016-6-18 23:30
its ok now have connection but rootjoy doesnt allow for flashing says the device is not supported ye ...

Dear user,

I'm sorry to disappoint you but UMi Super is not supported and its support is not planned in the near future. This model receives updates via FOTA mehod, what is easier and safer than using Rootjoy.
You still can use the smarphone management functions of Rootjoy with your UMi Super.

Regards,
Bence.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-19 16:30:37 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2016-6-19 10:04
Dear user,

I'm sorry to disappoint you but UMi Super is not supported and its support is not plan ...

Hi there, thanks bence for the info so please advise how I can get updated ROM added to my phone without rootjoy please

Author| Post time 2016-6-19 20:18:55 | Show all posts
r.king35 replied at 2016-6-19 16:30
Hi there, thanks bence for the info so please advise how I can get updated ROM added to my phone w ...

You can do it via FOTA if an update is available. Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update and the system will automatically check for updates or you can start it manually as well.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-20 05:23:20 | Show all posts
Who can share the latest fota romupdate with me as my about phone wireless update tells me i have the latest update 25th but there are newerones out there and need help.
 Author| Post time 2016-6-20 09:07:16 | Show all posts
r.king35 replied at 2016-6-20 05:23
Who can share the latest fota romupdate with me as my about phone wireless update tells me i have th ...

The latest FOTA update has been revoked, so you can't access it anymore. The next update will be released in a few days. Please check it again later.
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!