Recover dead fingerprint scanner after full flash format

bencebacsi Post time 2018-2-10 06:16:19 | Show all posts [Copy link]
129 2714
View: 2714|Reply: 129

Recover dead fingerprint scanner after full flash format

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-2-9 09:50:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
As a requirement of Google GMS verification, UMIDIGI S2 Pro and S2 Lite stores unique identifiers of the fingerprint scanner on a special (tee) partition. It's similar to the nvram partition, that stores IMEI, mac address and other unique identifiers, however unlike for the nvram (SN Writer or Maui META), a free tool to recover the fingerprint scanner data on the tee partition is not available. By formatting the whole flash chip (not only the partitions and data shipped with factory ROMs), that unique data will be deleted without the possibility of recovering it. Please never format the full flash of your UMIDIGI S2 Pro or S2 Lite! Fortunately, there's a working solution. You'll have three steps to be done.
1. Generate request file (its path will be C:\microtrust_metalog\the number you entered in the app\thh.req)
2. Send your thh.req file as an attachment to ben@91umi.com with the subject ''S2 Pro/Lite fingerprint activation'' and wait for the reply
3. Activate your phone using the file you received (its path must be C:\microtrust_metalog\ActiveResponse.txt)

>>> Resources: Beanpod_Activation_Tool.rar <<<

Instructions (copied from the 'Remote activation tool manual.pdf' file)
Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 if you haven't yet installed it on your machine.
1. Turn off the mobile phone and disconnect from computer.
2. Execute the following program: Generate_request_file_tool\Release\BeanpodFactoryTool.exe
3. Enter IMEI: The IMEI entered here is only used to store the path name of the activation request file and will not write the IMEI to the mobile phone. User can also enter other information and not using the device information. Must be alphanumeric and the length greater than 0.
4. Click [Start] button
5. Connect the computer and mobile phone via the USB port. The tool will lead the phone into meta mode automatically.
5. [SUCCESS] will be shown on the screen If execution succeeds.
6. After the request file generated, send the file which is under C:\microtrust_metalog\ to the dongle responsible person(the file generated by mobile phone will be saved under the directory C:\microtrust_metalog\IMEI\thh.req)
7. The dongle responsible person will make the response file(ActiveResponse.txt) according to the request file.
8. After received the response file [ActiveResponse.txt], please put this file under “C:\microtrust_metalog\”.
9.Make sure the mobile phone has been turned off and disconnect from the computer.
10. Execute the program: active_device_tool\Release\BeanpodFactoryTool.exe
11. Click [Start] button and connect the mobile phone by USB port, and waite for the tool execution to complete。
12. After the toll execution succeeded, turn on the mobile phone and test the fingerprint module.

EDIT: April 4. 2018
Dear Users,
From May 1. 2018 this currently free service will turn into a paid service. If despite the definite warning in the flash tool tutorial that ask you to never do that, you decide to format the flash chip of your phone, you have to pay the costs of the repair service. Customers must pay US $15 via PayPal in advance, after sending the generated thh.req file. You'll receive the payment details from ben@91umi.com. Do not send any payment requested from any other source!

Author| Post time 2018-2-13 07:29:47 | Show all posts
Dear Users,

UMIDIGI is on holiday (Chinese New Year / Spring Festival) until 26th February, which will be the first working day after the holiday season. It means that, thh.req files sent after last Saturday could not be processed and won't be processed before 26th February.
Before you get your personal file, you can try to use this one. ActiveResponse.txt (140 Bytes, Downloads: 68)
 Author| Post time 2018-3-10 08:53:04 | Show all posts
Adanali replied at 2018-3-9 04:03
have imei number done and everything okay with imei number now have sent the (thh.req) file to your  ...

Yes, please wait for the reply. We can't keep it as a rapid service forever. The link to a new flash tool tutorial is available on every new ROM page for quite a while, and that tutorial clearly ask you to never flash your phone in format all + download mode.
 Author| Post time 2018-2-12 07:43:21 | Show all posts
megamindsg replied at 2018-2-11 13:01
Hey @bencebacsi how long might it take for us to receive the response file after we send the request ...

It was weekend now but I probably can send the activation file today. I does not depend on me, so I can say only probably, not certainly.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-9 15:04:02 | Show all posts
Finally. Thanks a lot @bencebacsi. will try it now.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-2-9 16:28:13 | Show all posts
Hi
thank you,but doesn't work....I have always this loop message "wait soter".....

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2018-2-9 18:03:18 | Show all posts
NO META MODE..JUST THE BATTERY ICON....
 Author| Post time 2018-2-10 02:14:32 | Show all posts
millino replied at 2018-2-9 18:03
NO META MODE..JUST THE BATTERY ICON....

First your phone has to switch into preloader mode to be able to swith into meta mode. Then you can see the boot screen until the process finishes. Sorry but how could you format the flash chip of your phone if you can't even connect it in preloader mode? Check your Windows device manager when conneceting your phone to USB. If you can use SP Flash Tool and SN Writer Tool, using this activation tool should not cause any specific issue

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-10 04:00:20 | Show all posts
worked for me. Thanks

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-10 04:24:37 | Show all posts
I get connect to phone then after a couple of minutes wait for soter, SP Flash tool works as I did the latest update to check

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-10 04:53:08 | Show all posts
No matter what I do I keep getting Wait for soter

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-10 06:03:46 | Show all posts

megamindsg how long did the process take did you have to wait for the Wait soter to finish or was there another message?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-10 06:16:19 | Show all posts
This is what the log file repeats
[2018/2/9 22:15:27] microtrust_log: dll version is v1.3.0, sp_meta_transfer_data() line number:537 call meta function failed;        return value=2
[2018/2/9 22:15:27] microtrust_log: dll version is v1.3.0, send_command_to_phone() line number:1253 transfer_data_result != TRANSFER_DATA_SUCCESS, transfer data failed;        return value=-3
[2018/2/9 22:15:27] microtrust_log: dll version is v1.3.0, check_soter_status() line number:1388 send command failed;        return value=-3
12345678910... 12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!