As Tough As Full-Metal - Full-Glass UMIDIGI Crystal Drop Test (video)

bencebacsi Post time 2017-8-12 04:41:52 | Show all posts [Copy link]
32 1979
View: 1979|Reply: 32

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-8-10 08:06:55 | Show all posts |Read mode

The UMIDIGI Crystal is such a looker, an enormous full-screen display extending all the way from the top and broken only to the lower part for the front camera. Another important trait that makes UMIDIGI Crystal so splendent is the full-glass body, both the back and the front of the phone are covered by 2.5D tough glass.
With its sturdy metal chassis and two uninterrupted slabs of chemically strengthened Corning Gorilla 4 glass, the UMIDIGI Crystal sure feels like it’s worth of every penny. It looks incredibly cool as a marvelous piece of tech, neatly packaged in a seamless assembly of metal and glass. But will that beautiful dual-glass body be the UMIDIGI Crystal’s undoing?

colorful.jpg

In order the clear the clouds some may have about UMIDIGI Crystal’s resilience against drops, the company has done a drop test video to showcase the drop-proof ability of this glittering device. In the video, UMIDIGI Crystal goes through 3 levels of height in dropping from 1.0M, 1.2M, and finally, dropped at 1.5M.
The video shows that the full-glass body UMIDIGI Crystal suffers no serious damages on the surface and edges, and still functions as normal after the concrete strike. The fact that UMIDIGI Crystal remains in one piece after the drops is very encouraging and a testimony to UMIDIGI’s engineering prowess.

7.jpg

UMIDIGI Crystal is available in two variants, which differ for SoC and the amount of memory available. The most powerful version offers a MediaTek MTK6750T processor , 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory, while the battery on both models reaches 3,000 mAh. The screen comes with 5.5” FHD display, and a bar-shaped notification light is added to the front next to the camera. UMIDIGI Crystal applies USB Type-C port. Also note the presence of Android 7.0 Nougat in stock version, pure Android experience without customization.
UMIDIGI Crystal is now available for pre-sale subscription, visit UMIDIGI’s official site, or learn more about UMIDIGI Crystal here. Pre-sale will start on 12:00 PM CET, 15th August. Pre-sale price will start from $99, estimated shipping time would be on 20th August.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-10 16:27:17 | Show all posts
Pretty cool but limited video maybe drop it butter side down :-)

could be the next purchase just hate the rear finger print sensor

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-10 09:13:14 | Show all posts
Awesome!!!

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-11 00:06:20 | Show all posts
I'm impressed with the result. Now we wait for the price of the 4GB version.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-8-11 05:46:54 | Show all posts
just ordered the crystal afther long thinking now they come today with the news of the new s2, that is what i hate about umiidigi ,but i love the phones they are making i am considering now to cancel the preorder of theh crystal , i just can spend my money one  time
 Author| Post time 2017-8-11 12:03:59 | Show all posts
rolandvb replied at 2017-8-11 05:46
just ordered the crystal afther long thinking now they come today with the news of the new s2, that  ...

The S2 Pro is gping to be released in October and it will be a much more expensive model, so if the performance of the Crystal is enough for you, maybe you shouldn't wait for a more expensive device.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-8-11 14:55:17 | Show all posts
I am aware the S2 will be a more expensive . i have a imi super now and the crystal will have less  Achievements as the super
i want to go up in specs not down, the crystal will be only a upgrade in looks, yesterday is also saw real pictures of the crystal and the bezels on the sides and top are a lot bigger in real sight as in most processed and picture taken at certain angles to make the bezels look thinner as they really are in real sight
will not make any differance on the sides compaired to my umi super, it is a bezel-less phone not real bezelless ,only at the top there will be no bar and by that only i little shorter in measuments.
The new S2 will have if the picture is correct thinner bezels at the sides. The crystal does not have navigation for android under the screen and will have to use the android on screen navigation and that is one thing i hate te most about a phone .
umidigi is launching new phones out of the blue and told alreddy on this forum that buying a new umidigi phone is difficult because you have the risk of just ordering a phone and a new more apealing model will be released and i was right, i did order the crystal and only a few hours later the S2  was announced. so i did cancel the order of the crystal and alreaddy have my money back on my paypal account. My Umi super is funtioning fine and a good phone and the specs of the crystal will not add speed or extras in functionality, just will use my Super a little longer and wahiting on a better phone in specs and looks, the S2 will be such a phone , as i said before the crystal i s more about looks and specs are not higher as the umi super i areddy have.maybe later there will even will come a new release of a phone that is even more appealing as the new anounced S2 with umidigi you will never now maybe there will come a crystal plus with higher specs and 6 inch screen, that would be a alternative. i hope umidigi is thinking about wifi AC and NFC. if these are added as specs the sales will explode i am sure of that. i can tell you i will encounter a similar new phone as a umidigi and will have wifi ac and NFC for a similar prize i will surely buy another brand, we need NFC in my country for payment transactions so very important to have on a phone

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-8-11 19:14:59 | Show all posts
Nice video.
I wonder, however, why so many customers report broken displays,
if the devices seem to be so stable.

Where are the small pieces on the floor from,
which you can see in the video?
Are these the remains of the devices that have not survived the fall?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-12 04:15:25 | Show all posts
rolandvb replied at 2017-8-11 14:55
I am aware the S2 will be a more expensive . i have a imi super now and the crystal will have less   ...

Can you tell me where did you see the actual pictures of the crystal? I can't find any pictures to see the real bezels

Author| Post time 2017-8-12 04:41:52 | Show all posts
someone replied at 2017-8-12 04:15
Can you tell me where did you see the actual pictures of the crystal? I can't find any pictures to ...

You can see it on the video shared in the first post here.
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

!fastreply! Top !return_list!