UMIDIGI COMMUNITY Home Blog UMI SUPER View content

Android 7.0 Nougat Second OTA rolls out to UMi Super & UMi Max

2017-3-15 00:13| publisher: bencebacsi| Views: 3316| Comment: 6

Summary: Android 7.0 Nougat Second OTA rolls out to UMi Super UMi MaxThe highly expected Android 7.0 Nougat update for UMi Super UMi Max has been rolled out by OTA. UMIDIGI (formerly UMi) was one of those fo ...

Android 7.0 Nougat Second OTA rolls out to UMi Super & UMi Max

The highly expected Android 7.0 Nougat update for UMi Super & UMi Max has been rolled out by OTA. UMIDIGI (formerly UMi) was one of those forerunners to test out Android N, now known as Android 7.0 Nougat, by introducing a beta test program to their users in models of Super, Max, and Plus. Participants of the beta test, together with UMIDIGI's product team, had been testing for months since October 2016 to ensure the smooth run of Android 7.0 Nougat on UMi products for its official push to their users. The Android 7.0 Nougat has been successfully rolled out to UMi Plus users, and now it finally comes for UMi Super and UMi Max users.

Users of UMi Super and UMi Max can now receive Android 7.0 Nougat update via OTA. For those who have difficulties with receiving the OTA, there are another two options to go.

Simply go to UMIDIGI community, and install via SP Flash Tool or manual OTA. Instructions and resources you need for processing the update are available for UMi Super HERE and for UMi Max HERE. Don't skip to backup your files before you go for SP Flash Tool process. For manual OTA update, simply downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone, then go the normal OTA installation process way.

WHAT IS ENHANCED BY Android 7.0 Nougat

Android 7.0 Nougat brings some major changes as well as some minor changes.

Notification with multi-windows and mini Quick Settings row

The Notification pull-down bar is the notable change. When swiping from the top of the screen with one finger, a mini row of quick setting shortcuts will be shown just above any pending notifications. Tap on an icon to enable or disable features such as Wi-Fi, open Battery settings or turn on the Flashlight. It displays the first 5 items in your quick settings. You can reorder what appears at the mini row.

Split-screen, using two apps simultaneously

Like Samsung’s well-known split-screen mode, now with Nougat, users can apply multi-window by simply long-pressing the recent apps button, then your currently used app will go to the upper screen, and other recent apps at the bottom. Apps at the bottom at the switched by pressing the recent apps button at the bottom, and you choose the second app from there. Drag the divider to resize the app windows or to maximize either of the active apps.

Minor enhancement and optimization

Android 7.0 Nougat is more of refinement that includes a number of optimizations and bug fixes. On Super and Max, certain optimization was done on Fast Charging and Rear LED flash light color, which enables richer and truer colors to be taken. Small bugs on notification light, navigation, and stock music are also fixed. And finally, now users can check “RAM” and “Internal storage” in “About phone” Settings.

Other new features including an exclusive wallpaper for lock screen, new installer animation, keyboard shortcut helper, easier navigation of Settings, as well as suggested Settings be featured on top.

UMi Z and UMIDIGI Z PRO will get their Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update in early April.
Comment

Latest Comments

quote normier 2017-3-29 18:22
super ..... 2 upgrades and when downloaded I loose all my settings and configuration why ?
quote SoulPath 2017-3-28 01:58
Go to the forum...

you will see all the problems of this version.
quote UMIadmin 2017-3-21 13:35
seyk: pls ..hepl.. UMI MAX..how can you do when you are called to defend the image of the person calling you.? Telephone contact is added to the picture but ...
Hi Please report your issue in detail in the assigned forum section, we will be working on it and reply from there. Thanks for your report!
quote UMIadmin 2017-3-21 13:34
vt5: Hello people of the umi, I first thank for the excellent cost-benefit device that you have manufactured, I have a super umi and I liked it a lot, but  ...
Hi Please report your issue in detail in the forum section, we will be working on it and reply from there. Thanks for your report!
quote vt5 2017-3-21 03:13
Hello people of the umi, I first thank for the excellent cost-benefit device that you have manufactured, I have a super umi and I liked it a lot, but after this upgrade to nougat, one of the best features that the smartphone had gotten lost. Which was the fast charging that helped me a lot, besides another bug that was never fixed where the biometric reader goes off alone, besides the fact that the tasks now appear not to be done in real time, causing the device to crash, I would like answers to Such problems, thank you in advance.
quote seyk 2017-3-17 15:52
pls ..hepl.. UMI MAX..how can you do when you are called to defend the image of the person calling you.?
Telephone contact is added to the picture but no sound when the picture appears only name

View All Comments(6)

Forums
FACEBOOK